Our beauty and style expert, Jenna Smith, offers a look back at the 87th Academy Awards show to choose her top looks of the evening. Emma Stone dazzled the red carpet this awards season sparking Jenna’s obsession with recreating the actress’s daring style.
Emma’s Oscar Look
The Oscars premiered this past weekend, and all of Hollywood seemed to step up their beauty and fashion game. Emma Stone was one of my picks for best dressed of the night. She wore a gorgeous chartreuse custom number by Elie Saab, and it was truly stunning. It almost gave us more hope for spring around the corner.
Emma’s makeup artist, Rachel Goodwin, put the Birman actress in a beautiful coral lip that I’ve been trying to match for a couple days, but it just wasn’t coming out the way I wanted it to, so I bit the bullet and purchased the actual lip stick color Goodwin used; Revlon Ultra HD Lip Stick in Tulip. I am very happy with my purchase!!! What a wonderfully creamy lip stick, and to my surprise, smells very fruity; I didn’t mind, but some people may not prefer the aromatics.
Jenna’s Makeup Tutorial
- Base — Cargo HD Picture Perfect Primer
- Lid — Too Faced Nashville Nudes Palette in Famous in a Small Town
- Crease — I used a few things because I wanted to capture that warmth golden/brown look so I started with my Urban Decay Vice LTD palette in Last Sin and then I used Chase (focusing more on the outer portion). Then I used Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow in Halo in the inner-middle portion, along with Neon from the Cargo Shanghai Nights Palette.
- Highlight — Neon and Famous in a Small Town
- Liner — I used Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Demolition on the top and water line, then I used Last Sin and Chase on the lower lash line.
- Mascara — Cargo Better Than Waterproof
- Primer — Lorac Mattifying Face Primer
- Concealer — Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct Concealer in Fair
- Foundation — Cargo One Base in 01
- Bronzer — Lorac Tantalizing Baked Bronzer
- Blush — Lorac Unzipped Cheek Palette in Unimaginable and Underrated
- Lorac Matte Pro Pencil in Coral (I used this more as a lip liner)
- Revlon Ultra HD Lip Stick in Tulip